Joe L. Ruthven is VP Operations and New Construction and joined the The Ruthvens in 2000. He is responsible for property management, maintenance, and new construction of all Ruthven properties. Prior to joining The Ruthvens, he worked for Shell Oil Company for 25 years as a Project Engineering, Construction and Maintenance Manager in various industrial plants, and served as a U.S. Naval Engineering Officer for three years.
Family: Married, with three grown sons who have served their country as an Air Force fighter pilot, Navy Special Forces officer and Peace Corps volunteer, Joe L. enjoys travel, sports, reading and spending time with his eight grandchildren.
Education: Mechanical Engineering degree from Vanderbilt University; Construction Management Program at Texas A & M.
- Lakeland Area Chamber of Commerce, past Board Chairman
- Lakeland Downtown Rotary Club, Director
- Leadership Lakeland graduate
- Historic Polk Theater, Board of Directors
- Central Florida Speech and Hearing Center, former Board Chair