Hurricane Irma Warehouse Prep
As Hurricane Irma approaches Florida, here are a few tips to prepare your warehouse:
- If there is anything outside move it inside such as trash cans, furniture, pallets, debris, etc. if possible. If not, make sure it is secure.
- Secure dumpster lids to remain closed.
- Close and lock all overhead and personnel doors.
- Unplug all electrical equipment and appliances, except for refrigeration.
- Move equipment or furniture away from windows, overhead vents and skylights to avoid water damage.
- If you have a truck that you will be leaving in the parking lot, move it in front of an overhead door, to provide extra protection.
- Close the ridge vents on the roof to prevent blowing rain from coming in the building.
- Before leaving the property, recheck the securing of all outdoor objects.
As soon as conditions are safe, we will be out surveying damage and will have crews on stand-by. If you have damage to your warehouse, call us at 863-686-3173 or the cell phone numbers listed below. We will be answering calls 24 hours.
Most of all stay safe!
Primary contact for damage:
Joe L. Ruthven 863-581-4638 JLRuthven@Ruthvens.com
Secondary contacts for damage:
Greg Ruthven 863-581-4639 Greg@Ruthvens.com
Matt Ruthven 863-581-4637 MRuthven@Ruthvens.com